Need help with a non mopar question

-

downsr

Reaction score
I bought a 86 chevy s10 to resale.It is suppose to have a rebuilt v6 in it.How can i tell what size v6 it is so i can get info on firing order and timing.Cant ask original owner he past away

86 S10 would have a 2.8.

The 4.3L would be the only other choice but those didn't come out until 87. That engine would look exactly like a 350 chevy with two cylinders removed.

The 2.8 wasn't a bad little engine. I had one in an 81 Olds, it was the best thing about that car. 173 cubes IIRC. But peppy as hell.

I put 183,000 miles on that car before I sold it, and while the car gave me fits, I never had a single engine problem or issue with it.

Would either of you know the firing order and which is #1 plug.Is there a connector that has to be unplugged to time it.I find conflictinf info on web sites.This is not a fuel injected engine

Note that a 3.4 Camaro engine will also fit /firing order is 123456 if its a 86 should be carbed 87 started TBI hope this helps

yes there is a black single wire to unhook only if its tbi if carbed no wire

Note that a 3.4 Camaro engine will also fit /firing order is 123456 if its a 86 should be carbed 87 started TBI hope this helps

yes there is a black single wire to unhook only if its tbi if carbed no wire

My Dad had an 86 Blazer 4x4 with a 2.8 and it had TBI. 86 is the first year of TBI

-
Back