Need help with Dart belt molding installation

-

69GT

Reaction score
I am going to be adding a set of belt moldings to my 69 Dart which didn't come with them originally. I could use some help regarding what the layout/spacing of the holes on the top of the doors and on top of the quarter panels along side the rear quarter glass should be. Also, I need to know what the diameter of the holes for the retaining clips is. If anyone can provide me with this information I would appreciate it very much.

If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it. I am taking the car to the paint shop this coming week and I need to get the holes drilled before I take it in.

I took some pictures today and will post them when I go home.

I hope the pictures help. The holes are 13/64's in diameter. I don't think placement is to important as long as the ends are secured. I wish I knew where get the clips.

Attachments

• IMGP0001.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMGP0002.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMGP0003.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 142
It looks like the holes are equally spaced except for the first two behind the door on the quarters. If it's not too much trouble, could you measure the distance center to center between the holes? If you don't have easy access to your car, don't worry about it though. I would just like to drill the holes as close to what the factory would have done as possible. Thanks a lot for posting the pics, I appreciate it.

I added the belt molding to my Dart as well. Wasn't gonna drill 20 some holes so I used 3M black self adhesive double back molding tape and adhered them that way. Been on the car for well over 10 years, no issues.

Damn Jeff that is some serious weight reduction!! Lawrence

Hole Spacing,
From the front edge of the quarter panel. (door opening) rear ward first hole 1 1/8" next 3 3/8" next 11" last one 18 3/8'. The holes in the door from the rear forward first hole 2 1/8" next 7 3/4" next 14 1/8" next 20 1/2" next 27 3/8" next 36 5/8" last one 40 5/8"

Thanks a lot Jeff. I really appreciate you taking the time to get those measurements for me.
Jim

-
Back