Need help with rear bumper

-

74Duster440

Reaction score
I have a 1974 Gold Duster i am restoring im stripping everything down and getting ready to primer, but kind of at a hult right now. The rear bumper bolts will not come off, i have loosend them as much as they can but will not come completley off( stuck on the bumper just spinning). I tried grabbing the bolt them selfs with vice grips then loosening from there and no luck, i have a grinder i was going to take to them but its such a close call i do not want to damage my bumper? any ideas of how to fix the problem? also the screws that go through the top of the rear bumper are in a tight spot hard to get my hand in there to loosen them any ideas on those?

The bumper bolts may just have to be ground off if you can't get to them from the back.
Tape the bumper up real good around the bolts and grind the head off.

Are you asking about the screws that hold the tail light assy to the bumper that you have to go down between the rear panel and the bumper to get at?
Mine come off with the bumper, not sure about yours.

Edit, nevermind
Your tail light are in the rear panel instead of the bumper, so I don't have an answer for the screws you asked about.
Sorry.

Thank you TrailBeast, Didnt ever think of that lol ill have to try that and see if i can make it work

-
Back