Need help with rear glass installation

-

supercuda

Reaction score
My glass guy is here to install the glass in my '68 notch. I ordered new seals and clips for the trim. Here is the problem. The clips they sent for the rear trim are screw in like the front, but there are no screw holes. Is this right or do I have the wrong trim clips? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have any experience with '68 Barracudas but I did install window trim on my '67. This diagram should show you the correct spacing for the clip location.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 95
im assuming drilling was required? hate to drill un-needed holes.

I guess you could epoxy them in place if you could get a good bonding surface. The screws that come with the clips usually have a sealant on them to prevent moisture from getting through. Because 1967s didn't come from the factory with trim around the windshield or back glass, I had to drill and mount the tabs. I had the glass removed anyway, so it wasn't too difficult. Getting the distance out away from the channel correct is pretty important though. If the clips are attached too far in it makes it difficult to get the trim to clip under them.

-
Back