need help with rim size on a 72 duster with b body rear

-

chris_stevenson

Reaction score
I have a 72 duster that I'm puting a B body 8 3/4 rear in and I'm not sure what cragar ss rims will fit. I wanna put a 15x6 or 15x7 on the rear. tire 225/70/r15 is what I want. heres the specs for the rims I was looking at just not sure what will fit. I wanna knw what will fit since the b body rear is longer and i'm not shortening it. thanks!

Size: 15'' x 6''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2
Rear Spacing:</B> 3-3/8''</B>
Offset:</B> 00mm</B>
Size: 15'' x 6''
Rear Spacing:</B> 2''</B>
Offset:</B> -38mm</B>
Size: 15'' x 7''
Rear Spacing:</B> 4-1/8''</B>
Offset:</B> 3mm</B>
Size: 15'' x 7''
Rear Spacing:</B> 2-1/4''</B>
Offset:</B> -44mm</B>

its a 68 charger rear but i already bought rims from crager cause it took so long lol. I bought 14 by 7 rear back spacing 4 1/2

I hope you cut off the old spring perches and resized them to stock duster width. Years ago, I bought a repo'd 74 duster, and some yoyo did what you're planning on doing. He just spread the rear hangers. It ended up cracking the rear frame rails, and made it a horrible handling mess.

I hope you cut off the old spring perches and resized them to stock duster width. Years ago, I bought a repo'd 74 duster, and some yoyo did what you're planning on doing. He just spread the rear hangers. It ended up cracking the rear frame rails, and made it a horrible handling mess.

You realize this thread is over 4 years old right? I'm guessing the OP did this years ago.

65-67 and 68-70 B-body rear ends are a better fit for Dusters/Demons/Dart Sports than A-body rears are. Relocate the perches and you're good to go. 65-67 B rears actually make the offset on the rims pretty much the same front and rear if you go with larger diameter rims (17/18"). Relocate the spring perches to 42" c-c and use a 1/2" spring offset kit while you're in there and you can run some really wide tires, like the 295/35/18's I've got. 18x10's with a 7" backspace.

IMG_2251_zpslw7ccgzu.jpg

-
Back