Need help with the side mirror

-

dudeman

Reaction score
Whew! I got the gutter trim off, thanks to RedFish. Then I almost started throwing tools around trying to get the rear quarter glass and mechanism out of my 67 Barracuda Coupe. Anyway with a little bit of openminded interpretation of the service manual I finally got one side out. Hopefully learned a few tricks that will make the other side go smoother. Anyway, I need to get the remote side mirror off. I thought that the chrome bezel would thread off. I must not be doing it right. Can someone give me instruction before I break the dang thing?

Ahoy! I found a post that may get me a little closer. Maybe one of these days I will take the camera down and start a resto thread. Or did I alreadY?

Yep. The remote bezel does thread on. There is a post on the bottom of the mirror that sticks through the sheet metal on the door. The nut the holds the front part of the mirror onto the car is accessed from the inside of the car. Once that is off, go the Phillips screw on the back of the mirror housing.

-
Back