Need help with tranny shifting

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Trans on my 340 Demon shifts into drive by 30 mph. Seems too quick. I know there's an adjustment rod. Do I need to lengthen or shorten rod to make it shift later and by about how much?

I am new to FABO and would appreciate your input. Thanks

lengthen, that will push the kick down on the trans farther back, raising pressure and make the trans think your foot is down more on the gas pedal. It is kind of trial and drive for the most part. But turn the thing on the rod to the carb at least about 4-5 threads out and go drive it and see how it feels, it is a quick fix.. Make sure your fluid is good, clean and full too...

OH and welcome to the board.. lots of great folks here!
:supz:

Agree with above, it raises the throttle pressure which makes the governor have to create more pressure to make an upshift. Governor works off the tailshaft, so more mph you go = more pressure made, therefore taking it longer to make a shift.

thanks Dave, We'll try that in the morning. Trans is questionable, but weather is great and car is fun to drive. I hope we're not hurting anything by driving like that. thanks

thanks also Mike, If tranny has a problem will making this adjustment put more pressure and make it worse? Don't want to blow it up....

Not quite, in my opinion. If its too low it can cause issues as well. If its a tired trans, you may also look into a band adjustment to help get some life back into it for a little while.

Good suggestions from the guys above. Just wanted to add that being adjusted loose like it is will usually cause more damage than too tight.

great help fishy, can't wait to try all suggestions tomorrow. she's definately adjusted loose by how she shifts. I'll follow up tomorrow and I'm sure will have more ???

Thanks to all for the info.....FABO is fab,ulous

Many thanks again to all who responded. Lengthened rod by 3 turns this morning and seemed to do the trick. At least now I can feel the shift !!!

-
Back