Need Help with trunk spare tire well dimensions

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking into a fuel cell that will fit perfectly in My dart spare tire well, I don't have one at the moment ...

would Anyone Please share their measurements?

The deepness , (how far down)

The width of the well (how far across)

Thanks a lot

what spare tire well ?
you got about a dozen cars listed ;)

are you looking for dimensions of what people have used/are using or do you just need to know how deep the well is ?

I could run out and measure the well in my duster but you probably could do the same on your car

ive seen one or two cars where the owner actually cut a square out of the well and dropped the floor several inches so the bottom sits about where the stock tank would sit and the top is flush with the rest of the trunk
if you are willing to modify the car that's what I would most likely do, that way the trunk is still usefull

what spare tire well ?
you got about a dozen cars listed ;)

are you looking for dimensions of what people have used/are using or do you just need to know how deep the well is ?

I could run out and measure the well in my duster but you probably could do the same on your car

ive seen one or two cars where the owner actually cut a square out of the well and dropped the floor several inches so the bottom sits about where the stock tank would sit and the top is flush with the rest of the trunk
if you are willing to modify the car that's what I would most likely do, that way the trunk is still usefull

Haha , No.. For My B body Or E bodies we ask questions at those fourms

I am looking for dimensions of the wheel well of a a body trunk... I thought I made that pretty clear lol

I stated I couldn't go out and measure it because my car does not currently have a trunk floor.... My other a body is in storage .

I am getting a AMD new floor pan but I am deciding what to do with a fuel cell. I am not going to buy a new floor pan and cut it up so I am seeing if some company can custom make me a round fuel cell that will fit in the spare tire well.... IF you could please get me some dimensions that would be GREAT!!!! Thanks - Cole

I guess you could read your first statement to mean you don't have a well (what you meant) or you don't have a cell (what I thought you meant)
it all makes sense now

so, measuring in my 71 duster, this is what I found

22 inches across at the bottom
27 inches across at trunk floor level
6 inches deep (17 if measures through the holes to the floor)
19 inches from the bottom of the well to the top of the tail light panel

and to toss some math into the equation, if A2 + B2 = C2 then the largest fuel cell you can fit is A2 + B2 = (22)2
A2 + B2 = 484
assuming that you are getting a square fuel cell then A2 and B2 are equal so we can find either by taking half of C2 which is 242
the root of 242 = 15.5 so the biggest SQAURE fuel cell you can fit is 15.5 by 15.5

hope this helps :)

(feel free to redo the math, I never was too good at it)

WOW , Thanks a lot . So The Biggest Fuel sell ( square) I can fit in the spare tire well is 15.5 By 15.5... wow Thanks so Much!!

If you are planning to install a trunk floor with spare tire area, there is a company that makes round fuel cells that match the spare tire area. I don't recall the company, but I'm sure if you do a search on here for fuel cell, you can find it.

I plan to cut my spare tire area out and fab a frame assembly for my square cell and then box the trunk floor back in.

If you are planning to install a trunk floor with spare tire area, there is a company that makes round fuel cells that match the spare tire area. I don't recall the company, but I'm sure if you do a search on here for fuel cell, you can find it.

I plan to cut my spare tire area out and fab a frame assembly for my square cell and then box the trunk floor back in.

That's what I am planning On doing, Yes... I would sure love to know that name , haha

WOW , Thanks a lot . So The Biggest Fuel sell ( square) I can fit in the spare tire well is 15.5 By 15.5... wow Thanks so Much!!

not a problem, glad to be off help

the idea of a round fuel cell is great, would save a ton of headache

-
Back