Need Help!

-

7duster4

Reaction score
We just put my 318 back in my Duster today and encountered a problem. The block went in with the transmission. First we had a hard time getting the engine to sit in the passenger side motor mount. We finally got it to go in. Then we noticed that the transmission wasn't straight. It was off a little to the left. I am 99% sure the motor mounts are where they should be and on the right sides. Does anyone know how this would be straigthen out or why the block and transmission would be pointing slightly to the left. Anything helpful would be appreciated. Thanks

Is it only the trans thats off and you can't line the engine up with it?. You do know... that engines in these sit off center to the passinger side.

Is it possible that you got one of the motor mount brackets bolted to the wrong side of the ears on the block? I don't remember whether the brackets mount to the front or the back of the ears, but if one is on front & the other is on back it would throw things way off. It would be most noticable at the rear of the trans, because that's the farthest point from the mounts.

It almost has to be the mounts. I can't think of anything else. I'll check them out when I go up there again to work on it. As far as it being off centered to the passenger side, I think I remember it being like that before the engine was pulled. But now it's the opposite. It's off center towards the drivers side. Oh yeah - Does anyone know where the transmission brace bolts up to. When my engine was pulled only one was on the block and it was on the drivers side. I know there should be two of them. I know where the one end bolts up to on the block, but can't figure out where the other end goes. I thought it connected on to the transmission. We were just going to leave it off since we couldn't figure it out. Thanks

Sound to me lie you have the motor mount brackets on the side of the motor on the wrong sides...The engine and trans should sit to the pass. side of the car...Look at the pumpkin in your rear end...It is off center to the pass. side...Lee

Its all taken care of now. The engine is now a tad off center to the passenger side just like it should. The motor mounts were always in the right place. The cross member for the transmission had to be bolted up, now it looks the way it should. Thanks

-
Back