need help !

-

2 fast z28

Reaction score
hi guys finishing up the trans swap on my 71 dodge dart went from at 904 to a 727 bolted to a 340 got every thing done and went to put the dipstick tube in from my 904 and found out that's not long enough so I ordered a new dip stick tube from summit an allstar locking dip stick tube so I got it today and the thing is not even close the bends are off and the mounting tab is off the package did say 727 small block now I think im going to lengthen my 904 tube my question is how long does the tube and stick need to be Im thinking im going to use the stick from the allstar one so I just need to make the 904 tube longer any help would be great thanks :banghead:

Can you not find a dipstick tube from a 727 that was in a Dart or Duster?
Typical locking dipstick tube that you bought is probably from a company called Fitz-all. The transmission parts company I used to work for sold them strickly for GM'S. Anyone that phoned looking for a dipstick for a F**D or Mopar were told none available in the aftermarket except Lokar.

Mancini Racing has them new. It looks like the black one is out of stock right now, but they do have the original style in chrome. Look at the ones in the middle of the page in the link below. They have others available also.

Mancini Racing Filler Tube & Indicator
A-Engine 518 / 727 Filler Tube & Indicator, Electroplated Black
$33.95

MREBU3301
This item is currently out of stock

Mancini Racing Filler Tube & Indicator
A-Engine 518 / 727 Filler Tube & Indicator, Chrome
$38.95

MREBU3301C

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/trststdi.html

-
Back