Need Help!

-

JoseyWales

Reaction score
Maybe someone could help me out, I am looking into a performance coil and some hotter plugs. Right now I am running a stock coil and Champion RN12YC plugs. I dont think this is getting the job done. Any recomendations? I am running a 318 0 deck with ported 302 casting heads 1.88+1.60s rpm airgap intake and hedman headers and 284 dur 484 lift purple shaft cam and Eddie 600 carb. It was running excellent until I changed intakes. I was running a single plane 340 torker, the rpm airgap is a considerble amount taller. Know it is flooding something fierce and popping and foulin the plugs. I have checked the timing over and over with the same results and do not have a wire crossed. I think it is either the coil or maybe the distributor and ecu. I am running a stock dist and ecu. I am going to upgrade to the performance dist and either the orange ecu or the chrome. What do you all think? Right now it wont hardly run at all. Please Help!

I've had nothing but trouble with Champoin plugs. I use Autolites now. they're cheap and work great. for a distributor and coil get a hold of Don at FBO Systems, www.4secondsflat.com. He will ask you a bunch of questions and set a distributor up for you.

I got it figured out. Its Alive! I didnt realize that the ballast resistor would make that much difference if it was hooked up backwards. I forgot to mention I replaced the resistor the other day too. Seems I hooked it up backwards, I guess thats pretty dumb, but alteast it was an easy fix. I am going to get a hold of Don at FBO and try some autolites seems they are pretty popular.

I've been using NGK plugs for a while and have had good luck with them.

AdamR said:
I've had nothing but trouble with Champoin plugs. I use Autolites now. they're cheap and work great. for a distributor and coil get a hold of Don at FBO Systems, www.4secondsflat.com. He will ask you a bunch of questions and set a distributor up for you.

I second that Idea!

My car wouldnt idle in gear unless I cranked the idle in park up to 1500rpms. When I slapped in Dons distributor and set it to his specs It idled right away. 800 in park,750 in gear.

-
Back