need ideas

-

Bullseye

Reaction score
My 67 dart has died. i was driving to work, the radio reset its self and the i lost all power. the car died and i have no lights or nothing inside or out. checked ground wires to to block. any ideas i could check. Could the switch be out or is there a ground im missing? thanks, chuck

check the fusible link the big red wire coming off the battery going to the fire wall plug if you wiggle it it will probably come back to life.....Artie

Just throwing it out there, could be a combination of bad batter/alternator. Have you tested the battery to make sure it still has correct voltage?

X2 in the firewall conector. That's where most meltdowns occur.

and to add there are fusible links coming out of the firewall at the bulkhead and at the starter relay. if this wiring hasnt been messed with

Just throwing it out there, could be a combination of bad batter/alternator. Have you tested the battery to make sure it still has correct voltage?

I am going to +1 this idea, they will run awhile with 0 amps output from the alternator and then they will just turn off totally dead.

The main wire going ito the bulkhead has a spade style connector it. i took it apart there and put it back together then pushed in the wire on the bulkhead and she roared back to life. thanks for the input and saving me $60 on a tow.

-
Back