need input and help with where to find parts

-

beall86

Reaction score
i have a 1975 dart that im trying to sell but if i dont sell it within the next month im going to end up just keeping it. this is where i need your guys and gals help. my cousine just gave me a completely rebuilt 440 that has only been cranked on the dyno and never put in a car. i know thats awesome and all but heres my problem. i know absolutely nothing about the 440. i dont know what all modifying ill have to end up doing to the car seeing as it only has the original 225 /6 in it. i really want the power from that monsterous v-8 but i dont know if i should yank the /6 out because its the original motor and it only has just over 89000 original miles on it. its never been rebuilt or even cracked open. it still has the paint on the valve cover bolts when it was painted in the factory back in 75. so should i go ahead and rip the /6 out and put in the 440 or should i leave it the way it came? i wanna hear what everyone has to say so feel free to say whatever you want to. thanks y'all.

I would leave it for now and drive it. There is alot to putting a bigblock in place of the slant. You could gather up parts and get all the ifo you need for the swap then do it if that's what your after. At least this way your still driving the dart. Check out bigblockdarts for info.

I know this is supposed to be a resto thread but i want to know what everyone thinks about the motor swap before i start on her. I'll post some pics of my baby when i figure out how to do it from my iphone as i dont have internet at the house and the only other computer i use is my military work computer and we cant even plug a flash drive into them without getting chewed for it.

yeah i probably will hold off for a while anyway at least til after i get the body work all done. i still need to find a d/s fender and door first though. once i get those i will be set and on my way to getting it back to new.

I think its a good Idea, but your going to need a bigger rear end and trany. your going to need a stronger frame, your going to need a big block k member, alot of cutting.. you have a long list. I would knock everything else out before you drop the motor in it or you will be in the same boat as me. getting to look at your car every day and never drive it. ;\

-
Back