Status
Not open for further replies.

matarcher

65dartonly
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
hey everyone i need front disk brake set up off a 73+ for my '65 dart. large bolt pattern, i need the lower & upper control arms, spindals, the portion valv etc.. looking to spend 250-300.

need to be located in AZ. I'm willing to remove from donor car for you, if need be. willing to travel in AZ to pick up or work out shipping price. bushings and rubber in any condition. i will rebuild once i have them.

if you have any leads please let me know! THANK YOU!

Might be able to help you on some of the stuff. I have spindles, rotors,
calipers and maybe the porp. valve all from a 1984 Chrysler New Yorker.
I am missing the dust shields.

I think is is an "M" body. There was an article in one of the Mopar mags that said these would work just fine.

I am heading out to Fountain Hills in early October for a week. I think
I will be arriving around the 10th.

PM me if you can use these.

Tony

Send Jimacuda a PM. He's over by E. Baseline and 15th, southside of Phoenix.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=63335

He has everything off an F body. You would need to get the uppers from a 73+ car or wled in some sleeves on your current A arms to accept a big ball joint set up.

If you want A body stuff, I have a set up. $300 + 50 shipping

any one go any ideas on the "M" body comment from earlier?

M body spindles are the same as B body spindles. Use the big ball joint and they bolt right on. Single large piston caliper and a big rotor. I just pulled a pair of these today,knuckles, rotors ,calipers,hoses.

so you are sayign tha ti can use the upper control, spinals and lower controls off an a body as long as i get the large joint?

I have a setup from a 74 duster for $350 shipped. Don't have the proportioning valve, and you will retain the stock lowers or I have a set also you can have.

F, M, J and 73 up B body spindles, etc. are the same.
I have an F body swap set-up. Spindles, dust sheilds, calipers, caliper mounting brackets, rotors, hardware, master cylinder and prop/distribution block still plumbed together. come pick it up for 160.
I'm just south of 16th st and baseline phoenix.

so you are sayign tha ti can use the upper control, spinals and lower controls off an a body as long as i get the large joint?

Yup

1. Upper Control Arms, from 1973-1976 A-Body Disc Brake Car. (single Piston Caliper only) The upper control arms are needed because the A-bodies were upgraded to the bigger B-body balljoints in 73, which means you need the later a-body arms to get the bigger balljoint. You can see the balljoint differences on the Steering Linkage Page

2. Spindles from 73-up A,B,E,F,J,M,R chassis disk brake car. Drum spindles don't work.
Note - the B,F,J,M,R spindle does have differences... Read A vs. B spindles for more info
3. Rotors and calipers - A-body rotors were 11" and were also used on many other cars. Some 77-79 B and 79-81 R bodies used an 11.75" rotor. Both rotors fit all spindles above. You do however need to use the caliper bracket that matches the rotor diameter. There are pin-type calipers and sliding calipers. The correct one must be used with the corresponding bracket. Most likely you'll find all your parts together on one car. The less-desirable pin-type calipers were used on the E-bodies, while most other cars had the slider style calipers.
4. Divider block and prop valve from a donor disc brake car.
5. New Front Brake Hoses (Rubber)
6. New Brake Pads & Bearings (you must know what make, model and year of the donor car)
7. New Master Cylinder, Disc & drum, use 73-76 A-Body, with or w/o power brakes
8. 4.5" bolt pattern front wheels.
9. New Upper Control Arm Bushings recommended
10. 73-76 Lower Ball Joints are necessary. The stock lower control arms can be retained.
11. From the donor car, remove the (2) lines that are attached to the master cylinder, and use them on
your car. it just easier to use these lines than to bend up your existing ones to work.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/

thanks to everyone i found a set up off a car here in phoenix for a good price. thanks again for the info it helped a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back