Need more money? (not some BS scam)

-
I don't see what the big deal is. don't like the price , don't buy it. I know I don't. its not like the little guy in between is going to run the factory outlet/production costs up.

what I find ridiculous are the crazy insane prices on mopar NOS parts. a 500 dollar gas cap ? really? but theres an *** for every seat

haha that was actually running through my head when posted that lmao

I'll throw in my nickle 98 and then slink away.
I am in the business of selling parts now. 90% of my business is Mopar parts, albeit newer parts than what are traded here. I have a reputation for being someone who can get what is needed or knows who to turn you on to when you can't find what your looking for in this area.
Every part that I sell has to earn it's keep. In short I have a 166% mark up on every thing. Every thing must pay the bills, the rent, taxes and salary. When someone come to me, they're not getting some stupid kid behind a computer, they're getting over 20 yrs of front line experience just in Mopar plus another 15 yrs plus in the auto industry. As for using eBay and other online venues, I've done it in the past. Not a huge fan, mostly because "do it your selfers" are morons. (Not all) But it does open you up to new avenues of revenue. There are people who don't care how much something costs, they just want it. Supply and demand. I had a air cleaner for AAR T/A a few years ago, couldn't give away, this year I wish I had a dozen. The one I had sold for stupid $. Same thing with keys for C bodies, I quit bringing those to the nats, no one wanted them, this year thats all they wanted.
Friends, I take care of. I'll go out my way to find them things and hook them up. Joe Snuffy walking in off the street, well attitude gets you a lot of places. Come in bitching that I'm the only guy that can get this particular part, the price just went up, keep bitching, the price will keep going up. Tell me how it's a bunch a B/S that you can't get this widget at Autozone, there's a damn good chance the one I have, just got sold. Great attitude gets you a great price. I can make a living without ripping your lips off. I've been known to turn people on to my competition if I thought it would save them time and/or money. So the parts business is a tricky ***** sometimes. Depends on what level your at. One thing I do know, I don't owe anyone who walks in here anything, I'm not obligated to give up part #'s or divulge my sources. For some reason, a lot of people think that I am a free source of information.

I'll throw in my nickle 98 and then slink away.
I am in the business of selling parts now. 90% of my business is Mopar parts, albeit newer parts than what are traded here. I have a reputation for being someone who can get what is needed or knows who to turn you on to when you can't find what your looking for in this area.
Every part that I sell has to earn it's keep. In short I have a 166% mark up on every thing. Every thing must pay the bills, the rent, taxes and salary. When someone come to me, they're not getting some stupid kid behind a computer, they're getting over 20 yrs of front line experience just in Mopar plus another 15 yrs plus in the auto industry. As for using eBay and other online venues, I've done it in the past. Not a huge fan, mostly because "do it your selfers" are morons. (Not all) But it does open you up to new avenues of revenue. There are people who don't care how much something costs, they just want it. Supply and demand. I had a air cleaner for AAR T/A a few years ago, couldn't give away, this year I wish I had a dozen. The one I had sold for stupid $. Same thing with keys for C bodies, I quit bringing those to the nats, no one wanted them, this year thats all they wanted.
Friends, I take care of. I'll go out my way to find them things and hook them up. Joe Snuffy walking in off the street, well attitude gets you a lot of places. Come in bitching that I'm the only guy that can get this particular part, the price just went up, keep bitching, the price will keep going up. Tell me how it's a bunch a B/S that you can't get this widget at Autozone, there's a damn good chance the one I have, just got sold. Great attitude gets you a great price. I can make a living without ripping your lips off. I've been known to turn people on to my competition if I thought it would save them time and/or money. So the parts business is a tricky ***** sometimes. Depends on what level your at. One thing I do know, I don't owe anyone who walks in here anything, I'm not obligated to give up part #'s or divulge my sources. For some reason, a lot of people think that I am a free source of information.
If you're using 1.66 as a multiplier it's more like a 40% mark up....not 166%.

Nope, I don't use 1.66 that will undercut myself. I actually use a matrix that is assigned to part type codes. It's based on a 80/20 inventory but averages 166%. It gets very involved and I could bore the hell out you with it. For the record, after I wrote the last post, I sold 2 O2 sensors for a Lexus at $550 ea. I about fell over when I priced them and was just as shocked when they sold. Rich people! But a poor man could never afford to keep me in a job.

For starters what he described is how 99% of web based parts suppliers work , the biggest difference is most of them hook up with a supply wholesaler so they can make an even bigger margin , you really thing Jegs and Rock Auto stock the crap they sell ? can I show you some real estate in southern Florida ? If you want to do this you can even set up a web page and link it in the back ground to the supplier to show stock on hand and forward the order automatically to the supplier for drop shipping so you don't have to do anything at all to earn your skim . Before too many people get all high and mighty about this I would point out I recently observed a fairly well known member here selling a part that is available from the Mopar Performance Catalog via your local dealer , he was selling them for a healthy markup and acting as if he had a couple of them on hand yet he ended up selling something like a dozen of them . Nobody questioned how it is he went from having a couple to being able to supply any and all who wanted one and nobody is calling him out for what was obviously a money grab from his fellow FABO members . It's called retail and let the buyer beware .

Just did a thread search to get an update on the seller I mentioned and it turns out by my count he sold almost 3 dozen of them to date .They sell for $15.23 CDN from the dealer and he's charging you all 22 buck US each .

Just did a thread search to get an update on the seller I mentioned and it turns out by my count he sold almost 3 dozen of them to date .They sell for $15.23 CDN from the dealer and he's charging you all 22 buck US each .

yep $$ CHA-CHING $$ , and a little foot work could have saved them 6 bucks

I was hunting down a digital amplified antenna because I got tired of paying for cable TV and seeing almost nothing but year old reruns, car and drug commercials so I canceled the cable.
The digital amped antenna's get a decent amount of HD movie channels, PBS and local stations free out of the air, and we have Netflix and cable internet.

Isn't that really dependent on where you live ?

Netflix suck and cable is worse...I agree with you ..but if I could get for free....

Isn't that really dependent on where you live ?

Netflix suck and cable is worse...I agree with you ..but if I could get for free....

Yes it does matter, (a lot)
I got 11 channels at my house with four of them HD, and the customer who I bought and set it up for gets 22 I think it was.
We are both kind of out in the middle of nowhwhere but have a couple of TV towers within 50 miles.
The antenna he bought was even a lower end amplified model (25 bucks shipped)

Why does Netflix suck?

Yes it does matter, (a lot)
I got 11 channels at my house with four of them HD, and the customer who I bought and set it up for gets 22 I think it was.
We are both kind of out in the middle of nowhwhere but have a couple of TV towers within 50 miles.
The antenna he bought was even a lower end amplified model (25 bucks shipped)

Why does Netflix suck?

No tv towers around here that I know of. How do I find something like this out ?

Netflix in Canada is different than the American version. The programming on it is old.....thought it would be more recent.

No tv towers around here that I know of. How do I find something like this out ?

Netflix in Canada is different than the American version. The programming on it is old.....thought it would be more recent.

When I have a bit more time I can re look up the place I found on the net that shows station coverage area's, although I don't know for sure if Canada even has that.
It showed I had 4 digital HD channels in my area.

Buy low SELL HIGH.... It is the American Dream.

Anyone who bitches about it is just a Jealous Soul.

I have flipped cars, houses and just about everything under the sun for a profit to the point I was making my yearly income in 1 Month, then it went to every week. It is funny how when I started out doing this 20 years ago all of my friends and family said "Good Luck" in a shitty way............As soon as I started knocking down the $$ every single one of them tried to borrow $$ off of me at one point or another. Some I taught how to do the same as I was doing. Weird how the ball bounces from Jealousy to can you teach me this stuff! Lol

Buy low SELL HIGH.... It is the American Dream.

Anyone who bitches about it is just a Jealous Soul.

I have flipped cars, houses and just about everything under the sun for a profit to the point I was making my yearly income in 1 Month, then it went to every week. It is funny how when I started out doing this 20 years ago all of my friends and family said "Good Luck" in a shitty way............As soon as I started knocking down the $$ every single one of them tried to borrow $$ off of me at one point or another. Some I taught how to do the same as I was doing. Weird how the ball bounces from Jealousy to can you teach me this stuff! Lol

Exactly. It's called free enterprise.

-
Back