need new floors...

-

BlkArrow

Reaction score
Alright, so I knew I needed at least just front and rear pans before I decided to take the rubber mats and seats out...to my horror it is much worse than I thought. I already have the front pans (got a good deal from someone I know...75$ for both), but my best bet would be to go for a full floor pan...it has issues under the seat too. I am unable to locate a full one after looking a lot, only fulls for e and b bodies. What should I do about the additional metal that I need? I can get some pics tomorrow...I just need advice. Thanks in advance!

AMD has full a-body floor pans in the works. They don't have it listed on their web site but if you call they can give you a date when it will be available. Definitely worth waiting for if its anything like the B and E body full pans:

http://www.autometaldirect.com/

I'll be on the look out! Thanks, it would just be so much simpler just to cut everything out and start new...my dad kept telling me he thought he saw one on tv, like on two guys garage or something. How long would you think until these hit the market?

I saw the AMD ad in Mopar Collector's Guide that said "A-Body Floors Coming Soon" so I would think that means near term. If you call them up I am sure they could give you a time frame.

Gave them a call earlier and they said that they couldn't really tell me when. So I'm not sure, I would like the floors in by next spring so that I could drive it next year. So I might just try to make some templates or find a donor car. Thanks for your help!

Getting a floor shipped in from the south west would be your best bet. But ask around because not all those yards/dealers are honest over there. I have seen the full a-body floors trucked in from the south west for sale at Carlisle. They run around $400-$500 (asking price) for a nice rust free example from what I have seen. I believe the 4 door floor is the same part too.

Think you're going to need a full floor pan for Duster/Demon/Dart Sport. A pre-74 Valiant floor pan might work as well. The Dart 4-door, 2-door, and HT all rode on a 111 inch wheel base, whereas the sport coupes used the 108 inch chassis. Best that I can recall, the difference showed up in the floorboard of the back seat.

Getting a floor shipped in from the south west would be your best bet. But ask around because not all those yards/dealers are honest over there. I have seen the full a-body floors trucked in from the south west for sale at Carlisle. They run around $400-$500 (asking price) for a nice rust free example from what I have seen. I believe the 4 door floor is the same part too.

I would check with member crackedback. I'd be willing to bet he has an excellent full floor pan, and even with shipping it would be A LOT cheaper than one of the pieces at Carlisle.
I would stay away from Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix. All the locals do, and for good reason!

-
Back