-
Status
Not open for further replies.

69 Valiant Kid

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
i need the pass through oil filter bolt that the oil filter attaches too. dont reallt need the 90degree adapter. but if you have one for a good price let me know. all i have is the oil filter plate that fits in the block. thanks guys.

If anyone has two of these I am also in need of one.

Thank You For Both Of Us...

My bro said he's got a 90 degree adapter in his shed. he wouldn't want too much for it. Just don't know if he's got the bolt. I'll ask.
Mike

That is a dealership item that you can buy brand new. You can also replace the oil filter plate, and gasket if needed. I bought all the items for my 360 not long ago.

If the plate only has 4 or 6 holes in it, a free upgrade is to drill more so that it winds up with 8 holes in it, to aid drainback and reduce restriction. Try to get the filter bolt that has the hex on the outer edge, and is wide open in the center, also for less restriction. Try to get a guy at the dealer parts department to look up the number for an older truck application, as this is where they are supposed to come from. Keep on trucking!
alan627b

By the waym my brother said the bolt is with it. If anyone wants it PM me. I don't get E-mail notification from these threads anymore.

Consider this, the size of the feed and return holes in the block are smaller than the all the the plate holes put together that feed them is drilling really gonna help any thing?

Be aware that there are 2 different bolt used for this 90* adapter.
1 has all of the 4 feed holes in line which leads to twisting and finally snapping in half of the bolt. the newer style 71'& up has 6 smaller staggered [up & down/ zig zag] holes that don't twist and snap off.

This is what happens with the 4 hole version, I'd show the 6 hole but it's in the car right now.

Photo 18.jpg

You might be right, just repeating what my engine builder told me about the plate...some of the newer ones only have 4 holes, the older ones had 6 or more. My builder also told me to forget the 90 degree adapter if at all possible, too many twists and tuns inside it.
His recommendation was one of the "System One" aka "Flying Trashcan" filters, that you can open up and clean.
each to his own...
alan627b

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back