Need One (1) 10" Parking Brake Strut Spring

-

66cuda-s

Reaction score
Hello, finally getting back to putting the 8-3/4 differential in my '66 Barracuda. It has 10" rear drums and I can only find one of the parking brake strut springs. I need another one. Anyone have one I can have (buy)? It is one spring that does not come in the brake rebuild kits. It is the oval spring with a "tab" on one end. I doubt this spring is critical and probably just keeps the parking brake strut from rattling, but it would be nice to have one. Thank you in advance!!

Keeps it from rattling and falling out. If it falls out be prepared for wreckage...
I had to buy 10 for a gmc a while back,they are cheap.

Try NAPA p/n 80744, I found them after a bit of searching (nice to have patient friends behind the counter). I can't remember if I was working on 10"" or 11" brakes, but I would think they use the same spring.

Thank you Commando. They are not the same as 9" springs. For some reason I was under the impression that they were not available (just the struts are hard to come by I guess). I picked some up at the local NAPA (in stock). Thank you everyone for your help.

I found somebody selling new E- brake struts when I was searching for the springs, don't quite remember where tho. They were easier to find than the springs were.

-
Back