Need opinion on this disk brake conversion

-
I dont see anything wrong with that kit.

Before I make the purchase, I wanted to know what you guys thought of this kit I found online? I was looking at getting it with the tubular control arms for a 72 dart. thanks for your help
http://www.classicperform.com/NewProducts/MoparBrakeKits/Mopar_Brake_Kits.htm

So you have B body or E body disc brake spindles already.
You are changing over to big bolt wheels instead of small bolt wheels?
When that upper tubular needs a ball joint where are you going to get it?
If one of them gets damaged where you going to get a single one?

If you are going big bolt you can use a 73 to 76 upper control arm and spindle set up off sever other year and types of Mopars.

Hard to beat the price and everything is new. I have close to that in my brakes using junkyard parts. Only thing that bothers me is the difference in height of the B body spindles and the effects on handling.

Actually I was looking at the brake conversion kit. You purchase the large ball joint control arms to make them work on an A-body. I'm pretty sure they use the standard larger ball joints (from your earlier post).

Actually I was looking at the brake conversion kit. You purchase the large ball joint control arms to make them work on an A-body. I'm pretty sure they use the standard larger ball joints (from your earlier post).

I went with them because you said tubular and the other ones was not tubular.
Do you have all the rest of the parts? You still are not getting anything but upper and lower ball joints and control arms for $299.00.

http://www.classicperform.com/NewProducts/MoparBrakeKits/A6374WBIK-Large.jpg

Are you buying China ball joints in those parts? All 4 ball joints for $64.79
http://www.classicperform.com/NewProducts/MoparBrakeKits/A6374WBIK-Large.jpg

The brake kit is what I'm talking about purchasing. The upper control arm are to make the brake kit work on a A-body car (before 1973). I'm not sure of the ball joints in the kit ? I thought this was a good price since I would have close to the same in parts purchasing them through the local pull-a-part junk yard. The upper a arms are pretty expensive , but you have to have the ones for the large ball joint for the conversion.

The you are talking about buying the $599.00 kit 6374CBK-S along with the $299.00 kit A6374WBIK-S for $898.00 plus shipping? You do realize that it will take both kits to do you brakes?

Never purchase any items until at least three sources are checked. Why not check with some Mopar vendors who specialize in suspension parts.
www.Reillymotorsports,com
www.magnumforce.com
Rockauto.com is a good source for all old mopar parts
I am suspious of anyone who would sell power brakes for an A-body, they are not needed, ugly and clutters the engine compartment and the biggest draw back is price and prone to failure.

CPP is reselling MP brake stuff, which is mostly made by MBM... I use CPP all the time for front end stuff.

Almost all front end parts are made overseas unless you get Rare Parts items which do cost more.

-
Back