Need opinions on Tubs and roll bars

-

amcervantes

Reaction score
Ok so I just picked up a 76 duster that someone was turning into a strip car. The middle of the trunk was cut out for a fuel cell and the stock fender wells were cut out to include the rear seat frame area and inside body walls to install the roll bars. It doesn't have very big slicks on it but the guy gave me a set of full size tubs. Now I have a 72 dart I'm tearing down because of way to much rot. It has a fuel injected magnum 318 that is going to go into the duster I don't plan on ever racing it and don't plan on going bigger than the 5.9. Im just wondering would it be a good idea to cut the roll cage out and replace everything that was cut from the inside of the car with the 72s and just mini tub that or continue with the tubs that came with it and still cut the roll bars out. The floor panels in the 72 are semi new an can cut them out and use them in the 76. Just looking for some pros and cons. I now its going to be a pain in the butt to replace the panels missing because they are cut all weird but im pretty good at cutting and welding. Ill post picks in the morning. Thanks for all the suggestions.

-
Back