need opinions on wheels

-

nasty69

Reaction score
hey fellas,
haven't been on here in a while and hope you all have been doing well. figured i might be able to get a little advice so heres the deal. my 69 has 17'' wheels front and back. 7'' wide up front and 8'' in back. the wheels in the back are fine until i decide to tub and go wider. the ones up front are too wide and have the wrong backspacing. would like to know your thoughts and/or opinions on putting 15'' wheels up front and lowering and leaving the 17''s in the back. what would you guys thing it would look like . by they way its the cragar s/s.

If you run a 2" shorter tire up front I think it would look fine. Maybe run 27" tall in rear and 25" front I think it would look great.

yea im leaning more towards that. but im really worried about the lip of the cragars lookin decent as far as the 2'' differnece front and back...

yea im leaning more towards that. but im really worried about the lip of the cragars lookin decent as far as the 2'' differnece front and back...

For that same reason I'm not a fan of the 15" S/S. also the 15s have a much chubbier spoke when set alongside a 17. That is too much of a different look to suit me.
I've got 17X9 rear, and 16x8 front. The 16's fit great up front and the appearance is much closer to the 17's
Unfortunately Cragar disco'd the 16 S/S, so its Craigslist or Ebay.
Coys Wheels http://www.coyswheel.com/, had some a while back, but would only sell a set of 4.

71whitedustervegas1.jpg

71whitedusterkingman.jpg

thanks for the help guys. btw charger 70, the car looks phenomenal.. let me know if you ever wanna sell em

-
Back