need opions on motor

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
recently my 318 has been running rough i changed plugs tonite and now it idles up and down if i go to put it in drive it shuts off if im not pedaling the throttle any ideas anyone i also adjusted the carb usig vaccum gauge for idle somewhere in the mix something is wrong i had to adjust idle screw up just to get here to work tonite so if you can let me know what to try next thanks

well i think its going to be a rough ride home i am really looking for any clues as to why this thing is running bad thanks

man...you give us a tough one. I will bite. How many miles are on your setup? Did you buy the car recently and can you give us some more history on it?

How far are you from home?

Without knowing anything else...I am going to assume your timing chain has past its allowable tolerance, and your timing is jumping around erraticly causing your carb to run Erraticly.

Could be something else, but 318s are NOTORIOUS for this.

Bring on your specific info....

owned car 5 months motor, is tired i have had a time adjusting timing ,and also have cleaned out carb bowls, it also has electronic ign ,but it seems every thing i try i get a new problem, like the motor idling up and down, whats up with that, firing order is correct, but it seems i cant get i timed correctly, ive tried with gun and by ear, one minute it runs decent/fine next moment ,i got to start it again at redlight, i am just a little frustrated but i know it will come together, tommorow is another day ,im just looking for suggestions i will baby it home tonite, and if i have to i will drive my ughhhh 91 chevy apv to work tommorow .

went back out, hooked up gauges cleaned carb again then went back to zero on carb settings found me a happy spot and i am digging it thanks for all replys let yall know if it was right or wrong tommorow nite thanks

-
Back