Need photos of 727 lock up converter

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
The 727 in our 1983 Dodge D150 has developed a bit of a shudder between 47-55 mph. Tightening the bands and changing the fluid/filter did not really help the problem. There were no metal shavings or discoloration in the fluid, though there were a few small scraps of the paper in the bottom of the pan.

Billy asked me to post and see if anyone could provide a photo or two of the lock up converter feature on a 727 valve body. We've got a couple other 727s here to snag parts from if necessary; just want to make sure they'll work.

Also, if anyone has a stock 727 that will pull a trailer they'd be willing to part with cheap (or, better yet, trade for something), that would be great too.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Ashamed i,m so far away. I have one thats supposedly good out of a 360 van,but shipping would kill the deal.Too risky for an unproven piece. sure would be cool to trade for p/cing

Does it shudder when the converter is locked and/or unlocked or both?
If I remember correctly, it was controlled by the speedo, if the speedo jumped just a bit back and forth, the tranny would try to unlock and loc back up because of the varying signal from the tranny.
Anybody else want to chime in. I ain't no expert but I do retain bits and pieces now and then......usually just enuff to get my butt in trouble.

Hey Chick,

The chief mechanic here says to put in a tube of positrac friction modifier and that should stop the shudder while the torque converter is locking up.

Good luck!

-
Back