Need pic of '71 nonpower brake prop valve

-

pauls340

Reaction score
Does someone have a pic of the correct manual disc, front, prop valve used in 1971 or can I use my existing valve and master cyl ? Thanks

Will this picture be of help?

A Body Disc's #13 024.jpg

That looks like the one inline tube sells. Is that original and just really cleaned up, or from Inline tube? Or from somewhere else (and if so, can you tell me from where?)

That looks like the one inline tube sells. Is that original and just really cleaned up, or from Inline tube? Or from somewhere else (and if so, can you tell me from where?)

It's an original one that i just cleaned up using a wire scratch brush.
When i find 72 and earlier disc brake cars for the Kelsey Hayes disc brakes, that i rebuild, then put up for sale, i always get the proportioning valve and lines also.
All the ones from 72 and earlier that i have gotten off cars are like that one pictured.
Pretty sure that one came off a 71 or 72, with all the components that i have currently on e Bay.

By my book, the prop valve is built into the front chamber of the master cylinder and the block is just a distribution point for the front & rear.
JMHO, Rat

The manual I looked in had a thing in the combination block to apply pressure to the rear first, and then the front to prevent lockup. I didn't see anything in the master cylinder but I'll go look again. I need one for the 73-76 manual disc/drum conversion myself so i need to make sure I get it right the first time - before I crash! Thanks guys.

-
Back