Need pic of F/B interior light sockets

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
I ordered new sockets from M&H for my sail panel lights in my Cuda fastback. All they sent me were the little plastic snaps.... No bulbs or electrical clips.
I PAID $10 EACH PLUS $10.98 Shipping for 1 gram of parts ! I am less than satisfied !

Does anyone have a close up pic of the bulb and sockets ?

Or better yet a source for bulbs and sockets ?

I bought the car as a rolling chassis...so I have no idea of what they look like or mount to the panels.....

Thanks

I think the socket looks like a large fuse holder with wires attached. I have part of 1.
I also need a source for the sockets and holders.

Me and dad were wrestling with his FB, I will see if I have photos. Member Tony Fields helped me and dad out with these.
Could you guys do me a favor and take pics o the plastic pieces you bought?? I never knew these were being repopped and Im sure it would help other members(dad n I included) out

Thanks
4spdragtop

yes, please take pics of what they sent you. I will try to get some pics of my light sockets if I can find em.

I think the socket looks like a large fuse holder with wires attached. I have part of 1.
I also need a source for the sockets and holders.

This is correct. The terminals appear to be the same as the fuse holders are. M&H makes the plastic piece and may sell them outside of Year One.

Call them and ask. Barracudakid says he has some also from a previous post.

These are the plastic clips they sent. I have not had time to try to install them ....but I am confused as to how the lenses and bezles twist onto the finish panels.

Am i missing something?

What size and part number are the bulbs? I am sure the electrical brackets are a common .20 cent part but need to know the approximate length and diameter of the bulbs..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 133
I should of asked the shipping charge. I expect to pay a premium for a repop parts..but when they charge 11.00 to ship a 4gram part I feel a bit taken advantage of ! It wont break me but it does effect my trust of the company...

the bulb holding clips snap into these plastic retainers. the old plastic clip retainers break easily, the clips snap into the pocket panel and keep the bulb from shorting against the metal. the cover just twists in place.

The bulbs are a common 211-2 most parts store have them.

I wasn't even aware they repoped the plastic holders, can you get me a link?

These are the plastic clips they sent. I have not had time to try to install them ....but I am confused as to how the lenses and bezles twist onto the finish panels.

Am i missing something?

What size and part number are the bulbs? I am sure the electrical brackets are a common .20 cent part but need to know the approximate length and diameter of the bulbs..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 120
Thanks for the install tips...Do you have any advice for the sequence of instal for the interior trim panels in the F/B section?

Thanks for the pics and info guys! I tried looking for pics of bulbs from dads car but cant find them, sorry

The abv pic is of the orig style. There is a newer style that isnt "ballooned" like the orig one.

Newr style is also brighter from what I garnered from my research.

Also some LED bulbs out there. Although I am not sure what is intailed in using them....

Jeez Rocky...you are a freekin genious on this stuff! You know more than I know,remember and forgot.....I focused more on B-Bodies when I was younger....still forgot most of what I knew !

I have a step daughter that lives in Lebanon.. I will be going to retrieve her in Sept when she turns 18. I should stop by and shoot the breeze...

Just ordered 211-2 LEDs.....supposed to be much brighter without the heat.

I had to order 8....if they work as advertised i will sell the extras for 5$ a pair including shipping.

so...now we know they sell the plastic snaps...Do they also sell the electric clips and wire pigtail? i need the whole shebang...

so...now we know they sell the plastic snaps...Do they also sell the electric clips and wire pigtail? i need the whole shebang...

unless your hung up on being orig., u could put diff. light sockets in be hind the orig. lense covers w/ a little rigging, I did---------bob

35.00 bucks for a complete harness passenger side. They custom made mine using my old one as a template. Ma Mopar never sent specs for that one.The driver side comes with the body harness from year one.

Glad to see they will sell the plastic piece. They will also sell the bulb clips. The clips appear to be the same as the fuse box clips and others may sell them.

Also make sure the isulation pad is in the recess of the c-piller to keep the back side of the clips from touching the body. Double sided tape should suffice.

Glad to see there is an LED version of the bulb!

Mbaird

Dont forget that someone pulled and packaged the parts. Paper work etc....

Shipping and handling....

Yes, come on by when you in the neighborhood!

Have you done the the inner drip rail pieces first? Should start from the front to the back, I didn't and had to redue a lot of it.

1) A-pillar molding first
2) inner, upper window frame (painted) molding
3) chrome outer piece that holds the upper door weatherstrip
4) install windlace in door jam
5) (make sure rear windows are adjusted and lubed well)
6) install pocket lights, and then install upper rear c-pillar inner, upper door frames (where the lights mount)
7) install the long pieces the run the length of the back window cargo area
8 ) install the shorter curved piece that finishes off the rear cargo area.
9) install the short down-legs to the left and right of the rear seat
10) install the covers that hide the upper seat bolt and swivels.
install door panels and trim
11)install the alum bottom finish panels that hold the carpet in place.

rear carpet installed? if yes go to 12. if no. Install now.
12) install rear gargo area side panels
13) install the finish trim, the long L-shaped aluminum moldings to hide trim screws.

the remaining pieces kick panels and then the rockers covers etc, can go on whenever

Thanks for the install tips...Do you have any advice for the sequence of instal for the interior trim panels in the F/B section?

Perfect... Thanks a lot.
I spent the whole day polishing stainless trim so I have not started assembling yet.
Besides I need to get thelight sockets before I start.

#2) install inner upper painted pieces..... Do you have pics? I am having trouble remebering if I have them or what they look like....

Thanks

-
Back