need prayers for my 4 legged friend

-
Update on Sadie Mae. Since she is a dacshund mix they are known for back problems. The fact that she is around 11 years old and this just popped up is a good sign. She has beat the odds. Prue breeds which she is not usually show this around 7 / 8 years. Doctor says she has deep pain feeling when he tested her hind feet. This showz spinal cord isnt hurt too bad

Says she has a 50/50 chance of being ok if we crate confine her. Im not going to take that chance. I have appointment with veterinary neurosurgeon tomorrow at 8 am in suburb of dallas ft worth. 3 hour drive for her to get surgery. This upps her chances to 85% she will be ok. Cost $5,500 for surgery. I dont care what it costs, she is a family member, when i went thru my divorce from my first wife, i went completely out of my mind. I thought i was going nuts. But knowing Sadie needed me to care for her kept me from doing lord knows what to myself .

She saved my life. I truly believe that, she was there for me, i cannot turn my back on her in her time if need. This guy in Mansfield tx is supposed to be the best in this area. He and sadies doctor conferred and based on what she is doing and not doing they agree what she is a good candidate for the surgery. Most likely will involve removing a damaged disk and fusing 2 vertebra together on either side of it. I am aware that there is a chance she can become paralysed and then i will have to have her put to sleep, but as long as i try the best care at least i can have a clear concience knowing i did all that i could do for her.

Thank you everybody for the prayers, and well wishing. Sadie Mae will be in surgery 10:00 tomorrow morning providing the MRI and dye scan of her spinal cord goes ok, and the neurosurgeon says its a go. I love this little 4 legged gal with all my heart, i pray it all goes well for her.

Thank you so much everybody
Your outpouring of love and support for me and her is incredible.
Fabo folks are great.

Matt.

im on it... now post up a pic of this 4 legged friend so we can se who we are all rooting for.

I will, soon. My phone wont upload directly to fabo. Probably next day or 2. Lot going on, and will have to make up time lost at work from going and taking her for surgery tomorrow. I have no vacation or sick time, so i got to make it up by friday or not get payed.

Thank you everybody for the prayers, and well wishing. Sadie Mae will be in surgery 10:00 tomorrow morning providing the MRI and dye scan of her spinal cord goes ok, and the neurosurgeon says its a go. I love this little 4 legged gal with all my heart, i pray it all goes well for her.

Thank you so much everybody
Your outpouring of love and support for me and her is incredible.
Fabo folks are great.

Matt.

Maybe 3 years ago another FABO member's dachshund had back surgery and did fine! Also sometimes you can get a break on the price just by asking, especially if you pay cash. Prayers on the way for Sadie Mae and you.

Update, Sadie has a ruptured disc in her back. They took her into surgery. Approx 30 hours past since we found her this way and she is in the operating room now. I hope we were quick enough. Doctor says its a degenerative disc problem. But says all the other ones look fine. I hope she is going to be ok.

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts

Matt

Dang. I hope she makes a full recovery. Maybe look into some kinda food that strengthens her bones.

Dang. I hope she makes a full recovery. Maybe look into some kinda food that strengthens her bones.

A number of years back she hurt her back trying to chase squirrels up the tree in the back yard. Since then i have removed the tree to put up my shop. Being that the rest of the discs look fine, i bet this one was the one she hurt all those years ago. When you hurt yourself when your young, it comes back to get you as you age.

Hope all goes well. Our lab Toby has made full recovery. He runs a little sideways but doesn't seem to bother him. You need to keep her from jumping off bed or couch for a while.

Hope all goes well. Our lab Toby has made full recovery. He runs a little sideways but doesn't seem to bother him. You need to keep her from jumping off bed or couch for a while.

Surgeon says she has to be penned for 2 months. Pick her up and take her outside to use restroom, keep a leash on her so she doesnt try to run after anything. Then pick her up put her back in her pen. Only enough room for her to turn around in, this way she just rests. Going to buy a pet carrier just big enough to fit her bed in. This prevents the kids from wanting to play with her and her with them. She needs lots of bed rest. Surgery had complications disc was partially fused to her spinal cord. Its the way she was made, not part of the injury. Doctor had to carefully remove it piece by piece. He says we will know more tomorrow. My poor baby has had a rough day today.

Wishing a full recovery!!!! Dogs are awesome. Much better than humans.

Come on Sadie, we're pullin for you girl.

That is great! I bet he really misses going with you and you miss him too.

Surgeon says she has to be penned for 2 months. Pick her up and take her outside to use restroom, keep a leash on her so she doesnt try to run after anything. Then pick her up put her back in her pen. Only enough room for her to turn around in, this way she just rests. Going to buy a pet carrier just big enough to fit her bed in. This prevents the kids from wanting to play with her and her with them. She needs lots of bed rest. Surgery had complications disc was partially fused to her spinal cord. Its the way she was made, not part of the injury. Doctor had to carefully remove it piece by piece. He says we will know more tomorrow. My poor baby has had a rough day today.

Prayers continue.

Well got a phone call from the doctor today. They feel she is doing remarkably well. She can stand and have some of her weight on her back legs, and has some feeling in her back paws. She ate and drank well this morning. Her appetite is back, so thats good. They will update me tomorrow, she will stay with them,.and will come home monday.

Thanks for all the prayers guys, im sure it helped.

Matt

Well got a phone call from the doctor today. They feel she is doing remarkably well. She can stand and have some of her weight on her back legs, and has some feeling in her back paws. She ate and drank well this morning. Her appetite is back, so thats good. They will update me tomorrow, she will stay with them,.and will come home monday.

Thanks for all the prayers guys, im sure it helped.

Matt

That is great news.

-
Back