-
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJDEALER

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys its been a a long time since i have posted, but i am just getting back into this car now. I need a conversion for my 66 cuda to disc brakes on the front. I also have a question on how to keep my brakes in the back and convert to big bolt wheels?

Thanks

You want SBP discs but want LDP on rear? what is it. large or small?

Hey guys its been a a long time since i have posted, but i am just getting back into this car now. I need a conversion for my 66 cuda to disc brakes on the front. I also have a question on how to keep my brakes in the back and convert to big bolt wheels?

Thanks

why would you want to convert the front to SBP (small bolt pattern) disc brakes, and convert the back to big bolt pattern?:eek:ops: you would need to carry 2 spare tires, do a full large bolt coversion or leave your rear with small bolt and convert the front to discs

I think he wants front disc brakes on a car that is already small bolt. He wants small bolt discs and also wants to know about adapters so he can run large bolts out back without swapping to a large bolt axle?

That is my best interpretation.

I'm not sure what's going on either, but look at the Scarebird disc conversion. Cheap (compared to some of the alternatives) and easier to find parts for, and you can go large or small pattern, either way.

Are you still looking for a set of SBP front disk brakes? I may have a set to sell. No pro portioning valve or power brake booster

Sorry to confuse everybody I have stock 9" drums front and back. I have a set of 10 inch sbp for the back
That I can install. I want to go disc in front so wondering if going big bolt is cheaper and easier our stay small bolt. Either way I have to buy new wheels

Why do you have to buy new wheels either way? I assume you mean you have 13" wheels now, and if so, then yes I understand.

I would still recommend the ScareBird conversion for your front. You don't even have to swap the spindles, just take off your drum assembly, install the Scarebird bracket, then install new rotors/calipers/hoses/pads. With that conversion, you can either retain the small bolt pattern, or convert to BBP. Since you have the SBP drums for the back anyway, may as well keep it all SBP so long as you're okay with the wheel choices in a 14" wheel. Probably most cost effective option.

Another thing to consider is that if you have the 10" SBP brakes to put on the back, they're probably the 1.75" ones, and the drums are getting very hard to find. If so, you may want to consider not doing that, and getting some 10" BBP drum brakes for the back instead, and going BBP on the front also. Of course, you'd have to swap axles too then, I think.

the calipers for the front SBP are expensive if you have nothing (cores) but if you come across a SBP conversion kit (saw one for sale here a week ago 200-250 range).

I am not sure how much you will gain with converting rear to 10" over what you currently have vs the headache of doing it. Me, I'd opt for the K-H conversion and keep it all SBP.

Centric remans K-H calipers at a decent price w/cores and makes rotors. I think the calipers were in the 40-50 range but core charge is 100+ each. I did calipers, rotors, bearings, seals, and hoses for less than 200 in parts. You will need to factor in a SBP K-H conversion 200-300.

I would go with 15" rims though not many 14" performance tires around anymore. BFG's and that's about it.

heres the brakes i have

Attachments

• IMG_2988.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2989.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back