need some advice on a possible welder purchase

-

dodgeboy

Reaction score
looking at a used snap on mig welder.its a snap on model #mw120 anybody have one or use one. tell me if there any good. he,s asking 500 im thinking 400.thx

looking at a used snap on mig welder.its a snap on model #mw120 anybody have one or use one. tell me if there any good. he,s asking 500 im thinking 400.thx

If it comes with a gas bottle with a good hydro test date, and a welding cart, it can be a good deal.

Typically the argon/co2 bottles are a DOT 3AA 2015. These require a hydro test every 10 years. Unless you decide to do exchanes on bottles, then your local airgas dealer will keep up with the hydro test dates. I would recommend against leasing a bottle. Its cheaper in the long run to buy one and get it refilled.

I would recommend for that price a new lincoln pro mig that runs on 110/115 v. You can get these at lowes for $330 and change. This does not include a bottle. I purchased a brand new 80cf argon/co2 bottle from a praxair dealer in indiana off ebay for $184 with free shipping.

Also.purchased a welding cart with bottle holder off ebay for $48 free shipping.

Nice thing about the lincoln is spare parts are only as far away as lowes, or your local airgas dealer. Snap on you will prob have to run down a snap on truck, or order the parts directly from snap on tools in kenosha wisconsin.

I have a lincoln weld pak 100 flux core wire welder that i just converted to mig with one of lincolns kits. My welder is 17 years old and still works great, and parts availability no problem.

I think its all in what you want but for $550 /$600 you can have a lincoln mig brand new, with a new bottle and a new cart, along with good parts availability as far away as your local airgas dealer or lowes.

Just my .02

Matt

I appreciate your feedback. I may have jumped the gun. I bought it for $350 with attached cart and all new lines. He kept bottle and regulator. It seems to work well.

So did you get a bottle and regulator for it? 350 for the welder doesn't sound too bad.

No not yet just got it home last night. Local gas supply wants $135 for a ten year lease on the bottle plus fill charge. So im think im gonna look at purchasing one outright.tried to upload some pics cant get the front view to load.

Attachments

• 20140524_230030.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 00p0p_cknY6ovKmDt_600x450.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 152
check ebay. i got mine from ebay for $184 brand new, free shipping, 80CF cylinder. I went with this size, because it has a threaded on safety cap. the smaller ones dont have this feature. mine came with a new valve on it as well. it was a praxair dealer in indiana.

-
Back