Need some advise. [c.Hopkins]

-

Slappy

Reaction score
I have an appt: to have my trunk pan installed in my Demon with C.Hopkins Rod and custom. They are AMD's sheet metal installer. I have spoken to them a couple of times and they appear to be very professional people. To install my trunk pan and trunk ext"s they want 1150.00 labor. The ext's are only the tops and not the parts dropping into the lower quarters. Does this seem out of line? The parts are Amd parts. Sheet metal replacement is all this company does. Im sure they are very good at it. I cant find anyone in my area who will do this work for me. One place I did call gave me a price of 800.00 but I didnt feel confident in thier ability to complete the job in a timely manner. The next problem is this company is 8hrs from me. I have a friend going that way who will drop the car off for me. Picking it up will be on me. So the moral of the story is 1. Has anyone delt with these folks? 2. Am I paying to much for the job? Im thinking sometimes you have to pay for quality. Let me know your thoughts.

I'm not sure on pricing but, I would definately go with a shop that you trust to do good work. If 800 is a low price by someone that is just fair at body work then I would be willing to pay an extra 300 if I knew for sure the job was going to be done right or fixed if the customer was not happy. Not sure about the Hopkins place though. Don't they do all the bodywork for company that makes the custom cuda's also?

-
Back