need some help 440 troubles

-

richmann80

Reaction score
ok well i'm new here but i have a 70 duster with a 440 and a victor manifold problem i'm having is the motor runs great doesn't over heat no wierd noises but i'm getting what seems to be raw fuel into the radiator so much so that i dipped a papper towel in to it and it would lite on fire pretty easy after only about a 10 min warm up i have 906 heads mild port work i was thinking cracked head but it doesn't run like that or have water in the oil just wondering if anyone else had this problem using a victor manifold i was told some time they don't seal right and that could couse what i'm see i don't see how but if any one has seen this before if you could please inligthin me so i don't go ripping and tear at things that don't need to come apart

thanks
rich

There is no way I can think of that would put fuel in the radiator, a cracked head or block would show signs in the oil, exhaust and how it runs. The intake for a big block has no water ports.

Could it actually be tranny fluid in the radiator?

Not that uncommon if the tranny cooler lines still run through the rad.

crack in the head xhaust to water passage could do this and not contaminate the oil. Put a pressure test on the radiator while its warm pull the plugs and looking for water in the cylinders when rotated slowly may narrow it down.

wow i kept checkin this and no one wrote back for a while thanks for all the responces i did do a radaitor perssure test held at 30 psi for well over 2 hours try 15 psi for 2 hours i wanted to make sure so i went to 30 not even 1/2 a psi drop i'm thinking someone put some thing they shouldn't have in the rad before i bought the car and i don't think its atf it smells like fuel and yes i did taste it and it lite my mouth up its racing fuel so i'm going to do a power flush an see what happens

You can also remove the radiator cap and run it, when hot if you have a crack exhaust side the coolant will bubble up bad like foam and overflow.

-
Back