Need some help a904 Trans

-
Isn't the rear servo for 3rd? My books not here. It can be taken out by just dropping the pan.

Isn't the rear servo for 3rd? My books not here. It can be taken out by just dropping the pan.
no, the rear servo is for reverse and manual low. stewy22 still has a throttle pressure problem. its the relation between the carb lever and the lever on the tranny. wrong geometry. you might want to call clifford for ideas since its his setup or maybe go to bouchillon performance for one of their cable kits.

I would say there is a problem in the front clutch inner lip seal. slipping the trans may have burned up the clutches. If the fluid smells burned then so are the clutches. The inner seal is very popular for shrinking and will usually give reverse and third problems. I used to pour "sea foam for transmissions" in and if the problem went away then the seal was bad in the drum. The product swells the seal up enough to make it work right. I would do this as a fix if it works. It wont hurt the trans.

I would say there is a problem in the front clutch inner lip seal. slipping the trans may have burned up the clutches. If the fluid smells burned then so are the clutches. The inner seal is very popular for shrinking and will usually give reverse and third problems. I used to pour "sea foam for transmissions" in and if the problem went away then the seal was bad in the drum. The product swells the seal up enough to make it work right. I would do this as a fix if it works. It wont hurt the trans.
the inner does give problems. but according to post #25, he said the line pressure was ok. if the third clutch was that bad you would see it in reverse.

-
Back