• Semi Gloss Black Hood

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Leave hood alone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

OCswinger

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I have my '74 Duster at the body shop right now and I need to decide if I should paint the hood or leave it alone. I do not have hood scoops or anything along those lines.
My paint color I'm going with is Toyota's Cement grey, with black bumpers and black accents. I need some opinions from people who have had their cart painted recently.

Hey y'all, I have my '74 Duster at the body shop right now and I need to decide if I should paint the hood or leave it alone. I do not have hood scoops or anything along those lines.
My paint color I'm going with is Toyota's Cement grey, with black bumpers and black accents. I need some opinions from people who have had their cart painted recently.
Sorry you lost me at Toyota....

So the choice is grey (body color )
Or semi gloss black for the hood?

Well I guess I can add something positive here. I know one thing when I had my 72 Duster painted sassy grass green until we had a different color on there it look like total crap. The matte black proved to be very nice looking against that impact color. And by no means am I some kind of purest thinking that it needs to be painted a Mopar color.

I picked the semi-gloss black because the black for the hood will reduce the amount of light bouncing around and into your eyes. All that extra light does cause eye fatigue. I would not go with even a semi-gloss though. A Satin black is the shiniest I would want to go, if not a completely flat black.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Getting excited thinking about it getting paint. Sounds like the styl gloss is the way to go

-
Back