Need some help: Tail housing

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Ok I got a problem. I can not get the tail housing on. I got the snap right spread and putting it on straight. Am I missing something? Also when I go to put it on it seems like it goes down over the bearing but seems like the tail housing wants to twist out of aligned straight.

Ok I got a problem. I can not get the tail housing on. I got the snap right spread and putting it on straight. Am I missing something? Also when I go to put it on it seems like it goes down over the bearing but seems like the tail housing wants to twist out of aligned straight.

Make sure the bearing in on correctly, The snap ring groove is offset some. ( Groove to the rear of trans )
One of 2 things... If the bearing is on correct , make sure the park rod is correctly in position to enter the park pawl.
Then just take a flat screwdriver and pry the bearing back on to the snap ring as there is some end play there... Just a light little pry is needed to slide the bearing onto the snap ring. Don't reef on it.

had put the Valve body in before the tail shaft. Since the trans is in park when I put the tail housing on it engauged the park pawl. To I took the Valve body out and then tail housing went on easy.

-
Back