Need some help

-

supersean

Reaction score
Ok Ive got a 73 Swinger, backhalfed drag car 4 ling and all that stuff but the front end of the car is still all stock suspension and all no tubular or anything. I was just wondering how would I go about owering my front end? Would I need to do it with new shocks, springs or what? Im just not sure. I know how to lower the back end of course but I just want to lower the whole car and I dont know how to go about to front end????

And you call yourself a Mopar guy? Just kidding. you just loosten the torsion bar bolts. They're in the middle of the lower control arms. Loosten both of them the same amount. Bounce the front end every few turns.

don

Lowering the torsion bars only works to a point. After that you end up with bump steer and handling problems. It really depends on how low you want to go. The upper A arms should be some what level at ride height. If they point upwards too far (excessively low) than handling problems develop as well as loss of suspension movement.

The best way to do it would be to install a race style strut front end or an A arm suspension with coil overs. I'm going with struts myself, plenty of room and lightweight. They cost about the same as the A arm suspension too so it's a no brainer.

-
Back