Need some help...

-

GlennB4u

Reaction score
I purchased the 68-72 A-Body shifter linkage kit from Classic Industries and am having issues with the reverse rod...The shift rod connector needs to point up (at least I think so) and the rod it way too long.

Thoughts? What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• up.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 145
You sure you have the correct lever on the correct shaft?

Is the slot symmetrical, IE if you turn the lever over will it move the lever forward?

You DO have the gearbox in neutral?

You sure you have the correct lever on the correct shaft?

Is the slot symmetrical, IE if you turn the lever over will it move the lever forward?

You DO have the gearbox in neutral?

Hell, at this point, I'm not sure of anything :?

But yes, the gearbox is in neutral and it shifts fine thru the forward gears...no problem.

I didn't even consider turning the lever over since it came out of the box connected already... brain fart on my part and Genius on your part - Thanks for that.

I just unhooked it all, turned the lever over and it now is very close, not quite, but about 1/2 inch out.

Attachments

• DSCF1633.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF1634.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 138
On the bottom rod, the "reverse one", the threaded end gets mounted to the tranny and the "non adjustment" end gets mounted to the shifter. Chk my resto thread out here on the last page. By the way I double chkd my 69 factory service manual and its the same as in my thread/pics
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=85673&page=4

steve

I did try that prior to switching the lever...I'll try that when I get home. Thanks everyone.

Mine had me kinda confused too, but I checked my 69 service manual and it has a great pic of it. Weird how they put the 1-4 rods with the threaded ends at the shifter but the threaded end of the reverse rod is at the tranny. Other than switching end for end, you have them all mounted correctly.

-
Back