Need some hep.

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a few carbs today, all Holleys except for this Demon.

I'm wondering if it's worth a snot, should it be rebuilt and is it usable? I was thinking this had something to do with Barry Grant? I have read that they had issues.

IF it is useable, how do I ID it, I don't find any numbers anywhere.

View attachment demon.jpg

View attachment demon1.jpg

View attachment demon2.jpg

Is it worth a rebuild? Or should I take it out and run over it with my big truck. :D

I am running a Speed Demon 650 have not got it tuned in just right but once you get it id download instructions from Demon.I am liking mine,I learned a lot about them from Don at FBO .I still need to drill air bleeds on mine...
850cfm= 1-3/4" throttle bore, 1.56" venturi
830cfm= 1-11/16 throttle bore, 1.56 venturi
750cfm= 1-11/16 throttle bore, 1.45 venturi
650cfm= 1-11/16 throttle bore, 1.25 venturi
[ame]http://www.demoncarbs.com/Assets/docs/Tech/Carb-identity-Mighty.pdf[/ame]

Well, that ID chart is a help, but the only problem is where it says there is 2 digit number and a dimple, I only see a 7 dimple. :banghead:

Okay then it is Road Demon 725 (no pun intended,so do not run over it)
Here is the correct chart:

[ame]http://www.demoncarbs.com/Assets/docs/Tech/Carb-identity-Road.pdf[/ame]

700 or 750 speed demon.My final guess.
Oh hell just mail IT to me..I id it rebuild it and run it...LOL

Yeah, I believe it's the 750.

Thanks Martin, that last link you sent me I do believe is the one.

After running the numbers according to the link, it's a 750 Speed Demon.

Anyone run one of these on their street car.

Pro's/Con's?

How do you like it?

Does it perform as expected?

I have a 750 Race Demon on my 64 Sport Fury. Bolted it on, set the mixture screws, and have never had to mess with it.

Well, now I know why they make the non stick gaskets for these rebuilds, I almost had to break out the jackhammer to get the metering blocks off today. :banghead:

750 Road Demon with mechanical secondaries? That sounds like a sweet carb. Hope it works out well for you! I've heard lots of good things about Demon carbs.

We're gonna give it a fair shot on the 360 when it goes together. I hope it works well. If not I have backup.

Does anyone know if these carbs came with the DEMON on the end of the bowls painted in red, like in the OP? Maybe the older ones?!?

I just did an image search and I see none that way.

I just finished rebuilding it, and they ain't red no mo. I kinda like the letters red, sort of. :D

Bought one of the speed demons when they first came out..nothing but a big piece of crap!!!

-
Back