Need some info on Weiand S.S. Six Pack intake

-

Sweet5ltr

Reaction score
photo2.jpg

Does anyone have any information, other than the common victory link on this intake manifold. I understand it was only offered in late 1969 through 1970 through the D.C. Manual, and was built solely to outperform the Street Tunnel Ram by Edelbrock in the Super Stock Series. I picked this up at a Swap Meet for a great price (with VERY limited information) and it is near mint, and still has the original rubber gasket; the owner installed the intake but never ran it on the car (sat in a garage for forty years!). I have an original D.C. Engine Manual but it has limited info on anything other than general porting tech. Any idea on the listed RPM range, and retail value of this piece? Anyone have any info or idea where I could purchase any additional tops (4 barrel or dual quad?). Thanks for ANY and ALL input.-Korey

I think Paul Rossi ran one on his 1970 super stock challenger.

As I recall, dimensionally it's almost identcal to a Hemi "rat roaster" intake so I'd look to guys experienced with them for a start. The Rat Roaster was kind of finickey to dial in right so I wouldn't expect this to be a simple "bolt-on & go" type of manifold swap

Hi,

I ran this on 4 of my 1/4 mile dodges for ten years. I have never seen or heard of one of these intakes on a factory car except 1969-1970 F/X cars.If you want to use this on the street you will need to make changes to the inside and you will need to change how the six pack operates.If you do not make these changes your motor will not run correctly and "WILL BLOW UP" this comes from a lot of experience that's why they were not a big seller. The last one of these I bought about 5 years ago a paid $500.If you wish to sell this one let me know.

Good luck
obxjohn

-
Back