Need some metal work done

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Is there anybody in Southern California, prefer inland empire that can do a new truck pan and mini tub job as nice as the following picture. I want to delete spare tire well and replace it with a flat sheet that looks original with beads rolled in it like factory. I already have the springs moved but would like to mini tub too if I can find the right person that can make it look again like the following picture.

Attachments

• 68 Dart 071.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 150
What's your expectations of cost before any painting?

Do the hidden parts of the minitub have to be like the seen parts, buttwelded?

I would like it to look original both top and bottom. Not sure how they did that car maybe its full of filler I'm not sure. But I just liked how it all look factory. Not sure on the cost just tossing this around in my head. But I know it won't be cheap.

Following is a picture of 65 Valiant I had done years ago. It looks ok but not nearly the quality as what I would want for the Dart if I decided to do it.

My trunk pan has some rust so it would have to be completely replaced out to the extensions. think thats what their called. The extension are good.

Attachments

• 68 Dart 080.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 142
My guess if I did it 2K minimum, especially if you want a trunk pan that's flanged to the extension. It is gonna be a *****. The tail panel brackets are in the mix with a full trunk pan and that would require serious work.

Here's Ron Silvas car and the way he did his.

17.jpg

18.jpg

21.jpg

4641091-9.jpg

4642211-MVC-022S.jpg

4643103-MVC-024S.jpg

also you can do like the SS hemi hurst cars and take a 3 lbs sledge hammer and beat the inside of the fenders in and with a spring relocation we put 30x12's all day...

i can get pics if you want...

Rons car was another that I thought looked great. I have two reasons for wanting to do this. #1 is to fix the rust issue in trunk pan. The only rust in the hole car was the trunk floor. The floors under carpet were perfect. #2 is I want to run exhaust all the way out and that is near impossible as low as the car is with the springs already moved in. The tubs I'm on the fence, but figure now would be the time if I ever wanted to to it. We might have to take a closer look and see what has to be done and different options with the trunk pan. Let me know if your out my way or at Fontana and we can meet up some time in the future to look at it.

also you can do like the SS hemi hurst cars and take a 3 lbs sledge hammer and beat the inside of the fenders in and with a spring relocation we put 30x12's all day...

i can get pics if you want...

I'm not above that on the right car but this one isn't that car LOL... at least to me.

I'm not above that on the right car but this one isn't that car LOL... at least to me.

we do it on all our cars... granted we are doing a correct cars...

i know it sounds brutal but you dont even notice it... i'll take pics of the Landy dart clone were almost done with and you can see what it looks like...

besides, either way your modifying it... just alot less work for the same out come...

P.S. full exhaust is easy... we do it with dana 60's and 3" tubes, stock tank

well i thought i atleast had pics of that but i will tomarrow

If the top areas of the trunk pan aren't rusted, doing it the way Ron did is easiest. It's still a pain, but easier. Seam it in the middle of the frame rail.

I understand the full exhaust issue with a relocation kit. I like them dumping at the bumper.

-
Back