need some new U-bolts...

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
want to install my 8.25 in the near future so I went u-bolt shopping locally and the only folks that had the correct bolts are NAPA and you'd swear they are made of Platinum with a Titanium core!!! $17.99 each! WTH?!?!? Put me on the right track y'all cause that ain't happening!

hate be a cheap *** but i would hit the junk yard, if you ware some cargo pants you can probably get all four for the entry fee...... use a wire wheel and a little paint you'll have $72 worth of U bolts for about $10 (entry, gas & paint)

just a thought.... Good luck with the hunt.

Quick question, the originals had a flat on the inside of the U with a cross hatch pattern. What was the purpose of it, and is it necessary? Was it just something to do with the manufacturing process or did it have a purpose, like spreading the clamping force/flat to flat clamping area/keep from slipping? I just bought a set from Mancini, for about $40. To the OP, ESPO has cheaper ones, $4 each. Just wondering if I could have saved myself some money.

did it have a purpose, like spreading the clamping force/flat to flat clamping area/keep from slipping?

bingo

I have never paid more then $10 each for new U-bolts, most of the big chain auto part stores carry them and most spring shops can make you a set

Just need to look around. Your on the net why not try a Google?

Mancini has sets with nuts from 30-40 bucks.

I would never ever use u-bolts i managed to scarf at a bone yard.. I have always been told its never a good idea to re-use old u-bolts.. I had a spring shop make mine and it was around $15 a bolt...

did it have a purpose, like spreading the clamping force/flat to flat clamping area/keep from slipping?

bingo

Cool, thanks for confirming my thoughts. I guess what they say is true in this case, you get what you pay for. Anyway, like I said, I ordered Mancini's U-bolts for around $40. That's the best I could find on the web. You might do better locally.

just ordered a set from Mancini for 29.95. When you do a Google search you come up with everything but axle u-bolts. Thanks Burntorange70, don't know why I didn't check Mancini.

just ordered a set from Mancini for 29.95. When you do a Google search you come up with everything but axle u-bolts. Thanks Burntorange70, don't know why I didn't check Mancini.

A lot of the times when I do a google any more the top two or three links take me here to FABO and they are usualy the most help out of any of them:toothy10:

-
Back