need some wheel fitment help

-

SR77

Reaction score
I am planning on a full disc brake conversion on my demon, so I am also looking at a new set of wheels because of the switch from sbp to lbp. I'm looking at 17x7 4" backspacing 0 offset and 18x9 5.94" backspacing +24 offset. will these fit, i do have other options with the backspacing but i like the staggered look and a nice fat lip on the rear.
my other backspacing option is 18x9 6.38" +35. leaf springs are stock and its a 8 3/4 rear.

any recommended tire sizes? i want the rear side wall to be the same if not a little bigger than the fronts

What disk brake kits are you using? Is it an A-body 8 3/4" rear end with the stock dimensions?

The disk kit makes a difference in the offset, especially in the front. Different kits change the offset by different amounts. The rear disk kits are a bit more uniform, but they still change the offset. And of course we still need to know the dimensions of the rear axle. My Duster turned Demon tribute has an 8 3/4" rear too, but it's out of a 68-70 B body and several inches wider than an A-body 8 3/4.

Regardless, even without more info I can almost guarantee that you'll want more than a 0 offset wheel in the front, even with only a 7" wide rim. Unless you plan on running really skinny front tires.

It's a right stuff disc brake kit, I'll message three rear end later today, dumb question am i measuring from three center out or over all length

Whatever tires you try to put on your wheels have a great bearing on the fitment.

We have 15x8's that could be mounting a 225/70-15 but are sporting 315/60-15's.

The first will easily fit wherever the wheel does while the second requires major surgery.

-
Back