need stock front wheel back spacing on 68 gts??15x6s/7s up front?? or 14"

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
having a set of custom wheels built and they want to know what the factory back spacing is i guess on my 14" rims even thou im going with 15x6 there trying to talk me into 15x7 up front seem a littel to much any one have input
i just want a wheel to cover my disc breaks ill run my 14s if most kits clear it
if i have to spend the 200 on new wheels and then the 100 for paint i will but y bother if i dont have to

chubs

really so no one knows what there steel wheel back spacing is man thats crazy that no one on this page ever checked that
hmmmmm

I have 15x7 with 4.25" of back spacing on the front of my 68 Barracuda (15x8's with 4.5" of back spacing on the rear). I have 215/60-15 tires mounted.

NewTires007-1.jpg

I'm pretty sure that if you use a wheel with the same back spacing as what dgc333 has you'll need it to be a 15". A 14" wheel with that backspaccing will hit the upper control arm and possibly the steering knuckle. I had 14x7" wheels with 4 3/8" backspacing & had to run spacers to fit them on the front. Just an FYI. 15" wheels will give a better selection of tires.

yea i know all about the tire choices 14s are almost gone

just wasint sure if there is a benefit of spending the 250$ for two 15" wheels when i have nice 14s im running 15s in rear just breaks are my biggest concern going to disks and dont want to spend money to have 14s painted then end up needing 15s

yea i know all about the tire choices 14s are almost gone

just wasint sure if there is a benefit of spending the 250$ for two 15" wheels when i have nice 14s im running 15s in rear just breaks are my biggest concern going to disks and dont want to spend money to have 14s painted then end up needing 15s

I've got the SSBC disc brake kit on the front of my '71 Dart GT. I am running 14 X 5 1/2" small bolt pattern rallyes on all four corners. No interference anywhere.
What disc brakes are thinking?

what ever gets the job done but im not going to spend 1000 i can tell you that 300 to 700
so what ever kit falls in there inless i can complete swap out from some one of used or oem style

-
Back