Need this nylon bushing...

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
The one for the brake pedal. I know I can get the nylon bushing for the clutch at Brewers or Passon Performance, but how about the brake pedal bushing??? Inside diameter of the pedal is .875, Outside diameter of the pin that goes through it is .810....

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

Try those little drawers at Ace Hardware. There is a trove of stuff in there; the help just doesn't know it.

thanks guys. Tony, i emailed rick @ laysons, supposedly, he has those ones, so ill give it a whirl..lol
i seen that thread u posted before, but it didnt really help me too much. lol :) i hope Mr rick has the correct part...guess i have an oddball clutch/brake pedal setup...

-james

Try those little drawers at Ace Hardware. There is a trove of stuff in there; the help just doesn't know it.

got to be casreful there, they are phasing out alot of the "slow movers". Some of this stuff is disappearing, like those linkage clips for the linkage rods to the brackets.

Good luck on finding this size bushing. I had the same problem and from my research it seems three different size bushings were made. One is smaller than the 0.810 and one size larger. I contacted several people who said they had this bushing but after buying and having it shipped it was always the wrong size. Went to my dealership and they did a national search and found one in N.J. but when contacted it had beed sold. I had to buy a complete brake assy that had good used bushings. Hope you have better luck than me.

I looked for three years for those, at the end of the day nobody had the uncommon sized ones. However they are the same size as the pedal setup that is only the brake pedal. I ripped the brake pedal out of a parts car and they were in great shape so I used those one.

so why in the hell even make pedal bushings if no one is gonna make all three different sizes?! how do i find out what EXACT year my clutch pedal assembly came out of? and if it was for a /6 or 318 car?

The clutch shaft bushings should be the small size for the normal clutch or the large for the heavy duty clutch. Everyone seems to have those even Autozone and O'Reilys. It is the brake shaft bushings that have the 0.810 diameter size. Why no one will reproduce such a simple part I don't understand. I'm sure they could be made in China for less than a dollar a pair. The other sizes that we can buy sell for about $7.50 to $10.00 a pair.

***UPDATE****

Thanks everyone for the help....I searched to no avail for these bushings that NO ONE makes...SO.......I made them my damn self on a lathe out of bronze. Works MUCH MUCH better, takes the slop out of everything and feels real nice...Took me well over an hour....you want a set? $60 bucks shipped to your door. (hourly shop rate), I know, price is pretty steep. but hey, at least now they are available, and you will never have to replace them ever again....:)

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

-
Back