Need tips for putting Dart in show

-

chasb

Reaction score
First time owning what you could call a show-caliber classic car (not counting my current 300C hemi)

Any tips for putting this into a 3 day show or any other classic car show (Other than the obvious polish and clean clean clean)?

I have both a mint set of mag 500 original wheel covers and the original dog dish caps with painted rims. Any suggesitons which way I should go in the show (I have new redline tires as well)

Thanks

Chas

your car should do well "as is" in a show. if this is the first show then enter it "as is" cleaned and polished. see how it does. see what they like in your car and what they don't. then plan form there. many judges look for the "concourse look" others look for the paint and details of a restored car. you will find each show will be judged differently. the one thing that the judges do seem to like is the "go with's". the book of the details about the car you own and details about darts in general. face it some of these "judges" don't know as much as you do , so you have to show them. lastly when you get " big time " get a sign board......hope it helps and good luck!

lastly when you get " big time " get a sign board[/QUOTE]

Why wait ? a sign board shouldn't cost that much especially with all the wanna be sign makers in the world these days. Just find one of those spare time "sign makers" working out of their home, mostly they don't charge too much cause they don't have a clue what the work should sell for. They will probably be a little novice in the layout area but you can work with that.
I've done a few of these boards from $100 to $500...(top end is 23k gold with digital pictures mounted on a hardboard with easel stand.)

Dave

Just pay a lot of attention to "DETAIL" Get in every nook crack and cranny! Just do a real good wax job and keep it dusted off after that.Also make sure there are no finger prints on the glass! You should do great. :salute:

Just clean whatever you feel necessary, go and have fun at the show. I used to fret about how my car looked, i always seemed to lose to the 'guy that knows that guy and that guy and that guy and that guy..'...more than a few of them. I cared less and less, i'd just drive my car up as is. If i got a look, I'd say...'daily driver, sorry'. :blackeye: :thumbup:

-
Back