Need to buy some weatherstripping...

-

fastback68cuda

Reaction score
Who do you prefer as far as quality, fit, and customer service are concerened?

There are so many sources out there but i'm looking at the guys below since I don't know much about this subject...

Prices seem to vary somewhat for certain pieces with Year One probably ranking at the high end...but they answer their phone when I call...waited on hold for 15 minutes (driving on the freeway) with Legendary and hung up with no answer...

Laysons
Legendary
Year One
Paddock

I'm basically looking to buy all the door, hood, trunk, window weatherstripping for a 68 fstback...anyone else I should consider?

Thanks,
Robert

I just got all the weather stripping for my dart last week. I originally ordered it from Year One and after 2 weeks I called to see where it was. ON BACK ORDER and they had no idea when it may come in. They rely on suppliers and some cars they don't stock very often. All the companies I called had to back order them except Laysons and Paddock. Paddock had the windshield but not the rear and Laysons had everything but is moving the warehouse so locating things is tricky right now. I had to pay an additional $10 to expedite everything on the shipping :wack:
The windshield seal from Paddock arrived today and everything looks good. So my picks are Laysons and Paddock for prices, customer service, fast shipping!

I got mine from YearOne, very happy if you're not in a hurry. Also check www.moparsbycrane.com, I have had good service from Paddocks. I like the SoftSeal brand of weatherstripping, it's pliable and fits well. See what brand they all carry and whose got it in stock. Peace

I just got an email from Legendary the other day and they`re having an unadvertised special. Year One gets most everything for their interiors from Legendary anyway, so you might as well deal with the source. I waited until Year One had their 20% off sale in the winter, and bought a ton of stuff which all came from Legendary.

save yourself the dystrophy and call paddock,jacks auto parts or dantes auto parts. laysons is useless for timely delivery as well as the price you see on the screen. check the websites of the mfgs. soffseal, metro moulded parts and precision. get the part #'s for your car and then see who carries what at what price. i have the same car and that is what i did. i saved a bit by doing the research.

Well, FastBack68Cuda, who was the winning store for the weatherstripping?

Stormin

i ended up buying most everything from year one...simply because they actually answered their phone! I was able to make sure what i orded was in stock which was important to me. i had to order the front gasket from jacks parts (really cool guy) and that came in today.

the front and rear gaskets are from the same company and most of the other weatherstripping is either metro or mopar...

i won't be removing the rear window so i need to contact year one about sending it back. don't expect it to be a problem becuase they sent me an extra pair of upper dorr hinge pins and forgot the busings...they let me keep the pins and sent the bushings for free...

overall i spent just over $500, they knocked 5% off and shipping was only about $35.

paddock didn't have the gaskets or door seals in...which pi$$ed me off because they made me go through about five minutes of setting up an account before even discussing parts with me!

i still need a lot of other pieces so i'll be ordering from several sources in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like you are going through some of the same things on my schedule. My back glass is out now and so is the interior. I will be ordering everything to put it back together. I will be ordering the side glass seals, door seals, trunk seal, whiskers for the windows, and a headliner. Got to keep the water out to keep the rust away.

Mahalo
Stormin

I get most everything from Year One. They have had most everything in stock and run a first class opperation. Shipping is free -- I live 10 minutes from them. :)

1A Auto carries a lot of weatherstripping for the older cars. Got my door seals from them and my roof rail weather stripping... very easy to work with! They're on eGag as well... :)

-
Back