need to get a throttle cable for a /6 to 318 conversion - but which one and where

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
going from a /6 to a 318 in a 67 dodge dart gt. am running an edelbrock performer carb that already has the required mopar adapter. the /6 cable seems way too long - i may try shortening it over the weekend but i want to get a real one.

trying to find it at autozone, napa etc doesnt give me any results i feel comfortable with. it's not the money that worries me, its making sure i get the right cable from the get go so that i dont spend extra time diddling with something just to find out it is the wrong part again.

rockauto has one for 15 bucks that is 20.5 inches long. also has one for 20 bucks that is 20.25 inches long. is there a correct one? does it matter that it needs to mate to an edelbrock? lastly if anyone knows what part number to get a local parts place like napa/AZ/advanced, that would be great so i can just go buy it instead of waiting for shipping.

thanks all.

i called mancini racing - nice people, good price, correct part the 1st time.

I see you're still working on the swap how is it going?

heh its going lol! talk about jumping headfirst. between discovering leaking brake lines that were "brand new" according to the previous owner, rusted bolts, jurry rigged things, and my own lack of knowledge and working outside, it's been a challenge but hopefully this week will see the fruits of the labor. i have learned a ton and although i get frustrated i thoroughly enjoy the challenge. now i want to drive it !!

-
Back