Need to get my butt in gear for the party

-

BigEdsGarage

Reaction score
I still have the 340 torn apart. If I am going to take the car to the 1st annual party I need to stick a cam in it and get it back together. I've got some Eddy's on order and a whole bunch of other goodies in the works, might be a couple of months though. I think I'll stuff the MP.509 in it and put the iron heads back on to get it ready and finally get some use out of it this year. I can always tear it down to do the planned upgrades after the Lebanon show this fall.

Sounds like your as bad as i am,putting things off until the last minute then rushing trying to get them done. :geek: That's what i did when i converted my car over to disc,i put it off all winter then when i should have been driving it in the spring i had it all torn apart and running into problems that made it take that much longer! :banghead:

I hate to spend the money on two sets of lifters,pushrods and all the gaskets but I guess I have to if I want to drive it any time soon. I will probably only keep the hyd setup in for a couple months before swapping on the aluminum heads and new custom ground solid this fall. Hey, if anyone is interested I will have a nice 340 top end package for sale. M-1 single plane, x-heads less rockers, MP .509, comp hyd lifters and pushrods for adjustable rockers.

Mike, you should see it sitting on jackstands with just the short block waiting for parts! :cry: Depressing. Man, time doesn't get any easier to find lately.

I KNOW!!!!!! :cry: ....i have SO much work to do around the house,in the yard,in the garage that its depressing :(

id like to get a roll call to see how many people are going to the car-ba-que??

a 340 top end? could i use it as a transplant for my 318? if so, how much are you asking for it...

-
Back