Need to glue my Plymouth emblem back together

-

ESP47

Reaction score
I bought one of those Plymouth emblems with the 3 prongs to go on the hood of my Duster and it wasn't in the type of shape I was expecting when I got it. So I put it in a vice and was sanding and buffing on it when I pressed too hard and broke it in half. It was barely connected anyway between the M and the O so there is just a small tab to be able to glue the pieces back together. I tried JB Weld and Loctite super glue. Neither one held at all. Chewing gum would have held better than both of those things. Anyone have any suggestions?

I believe that 3M has a two part epoxy that will bond most surfaces. I actually used it to seal a pinhole in a Honda Radiator. Not sure if it works on pot metal though. You may need to order a new emblem. Sorry to hear of your issues with your emblem. Hope this helps.

I bought one of those Plymouth emblems with the 3 prongs to go on the hood of my Duster and it wasn't in the type of shape I was expecting when I got it. So I put it in a vice and was sanding and buffing on it when I pressed too hard and broke it in half. It was barely connected anyway between the M and the O so there is just a small tab to be able to glue the pieces back together. I tried JB Weld and Loctite super glue. Neither one held at all. Chewing gum would have held better than both of those things. Anyone have any suggestions?

I would get some 3M double sided "exterior" tape and stick both emblem halfs in place on one side, trim the tape from around the lettering, peel the other side and stick it on your hood. The tape will hold your emblem in place no problem, adding the nuts to the back side will ensure it never comes off. I fixed my dad's F150 emblem and my civic emblem that way.

This is the tape...http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html

-
Back