Need to know by tomorrow! Is this the right float?

-

73_Dart

Reaction score
Is napa part # CRB2471 the right float for my 1973 dodge dart 225 1 bbl. I need to know so i can get my carb rebuilt and see if that will fix some of my problems.
Sorry if I sound mean or something, Just wanting to get my car fixed so I dont have to drive a mini van anymore.
THANKS if advance for your help!

well it could be... kinda hard to tell with out knowing what carb is on the engine... lol

only like three different makes and models...

It's tomorrow so it's too late.

Heck I have had customers bring there carb's in and lay them on the counter when I worked as a counterman at NAPA. I would bring the carb with me and a good counterman would pull a regular screwdriver out and open it to make sure it's the correct float... If it is a bad float you can test it your self, but I would think it's out of adjustment and sticking/rubbing the sides or the needle (shut off seat) check if the float and needle assembly is free moving and is opening and closing.
They will have 2 rebuild kits, a complete rebuild and a gasket and seat kit.

Hope this helps. It is tomorrow already

Yes, NAPA 2-471 is the correct float for your Holley 1920. And yes, the float is almost certainly in need of replacement. They are made out of compressed foam (nitrophyll) and they tend to absorb fuel and grow too heavy to work correctly.

Okay. Im gonna call our 2 local napas and see if they have one. Will report back with what I find.

Well the napas can get one, but it will be next week for me to get it.

Advance can get an adjustable float tomorrow. Will this work? what will be different?

Well the napas can get one, but it will be next week for me to get it.

Advance can get an adjustable float tomorrow. Will this work? what will be different?

It should work, and the float most likely won't be any different. I get most of my parts from Advance anyway, bad experiences with NAPA.

It should work, and the float most likely won't be any different. I get most of my parts from Advance anyway, bad experiences with NAPA.

I personally dont like either one of them. But Autozone cant get any float for me. I have had bad experiences also with napa and advance

Um...an "adjustable float"? As opposed to what other kind? What exactly (brand, number) do they propose to supply?

Im not sure of any info on it. That is just what the guy told me. It is $12 thats all I know on it.
I went ahead and ordered one from napa. Im supposed to call on tuesday next week to see if it came in.
I started the car up yesterday, and it ran really good. It stalled twice. It had some trouble restarting though after stalling or turning off. Took it for a 10 mile drive, and didnt have a problem.

I went to get the float today, and it is the wrong part. The part I needed though, they said it has been discontinued. So I dont know what to do now.

-
Back