Need To Pick Some Brains Here Please

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hello, my 68 Barracuda 340 starts up 100% perfectly fine, once off choke it will idle on its own at operating temperature then it will slowly die and stop running, upon restarting it turns over but will not run because it has no spark. This problem seems to be intermittent, car doesn't do it all the time.
This car has a new HEI setup installed with the Petronics flamethrower coil, the ignition wires (Taylor409), spark plugs (NGK), alternator (100amp), voltage regulator, battery (Optima) are all brand new. Any suggestions please inregards to what may be causing this problem will be much appreciated.

The first thing I would check is to make sure you still have 12 volts at your ignition system when it doesn't start. I've seen the bulkhead connectors get hot and start melting from a poor connection. Those wires are old you know.

sometimes if the module gets warm they quit until cooled down.i would not use a gm style hei,too many problems.put in a factory elect. dist. and get any box msd,mallory,accel,etc. millions can't be wrong

-
Back