Need to replace my stock rusty floor pans

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my floor pans on my 70 dart drag car. There's too much crusty and thin areas, so rather than patching id like to frame the area and replace it with nhra minimum thickness steel .023.
If anyone has any pictures of their cars flooring/framing I'd like to see them.
As the car sits I have 2×3 subframe connectors and the cage is built already.
I'm kinda just out of ideas at the moment.
Thanks

I don’t remember, are you using the torsion bars or something else for the front? If you’re getting rid of the torsion bars, I’d replace that crossmember with tube or box section. Pick a point on the rockers and level everything off it, lay a sheet across and viola. At least that’s what I’d do and have been thinking about doing since I cut my floors out.

If you cut back and get rid of the rear seat foot wells that takes you to the rear frame rails. A box or tube across that portion would be a pretty good spot for the mount point for the lower link arms if you are going 4-link.

I don’t remember, are you using the torsion bars or something else for the front? If you’re getting rid of the torsion bars, I’d replace that crossmember with tube or box section. Pick a point on the rockers and level everything off it, lay a sheet across and viola. At least that’s what I’d do and have been thinking about doing since I cut my floors out.

If you cut back and get rid of the rear seat foot wells that takes you to the rear frame rails. A box or tube across that portion would be a pretty good spot for the mount point for the lower link arms if you are going 4-link.
Torsion bars, I was going to leave in the cross member for that .
Thank you for the good advice

Now if I can easily find a coil over shock that would react as well or better than a torsion bar and someone had a part number I'd seriously consider getting rid of t-bars all together.

Make it easy on yourself. Pop the floor pan out and replace it with a stock reproduction or OEM take out. Far less effort unless you are trying to shed weight...and if you were doing that you might as well clip the thing and go with a strut front end. And then you might as well do the 4 link too. Post race results in 2027 lol

Or....replace floor with stock junk and let us know the results in May or June

: D

Ps I have a 68 Dart with a good floor however I think the plymouth and dodge might be different due to wheelbase?

I'm looking to replace my floor pans on my 70 dart drag car. There's too much crusty and thin areas, so rather than patching id like to frame the area and replace it with nhra minimum thickness steel .023.
If anyone has any pictures of their cars flooring/framing I'd like to see them.
As the car sits I have 2×3 subframe connectors and the cage is built already.
I'm kinda just out of ideas at the moment.
Thanks
I don't know if this will give you any assistance or not, but here is what I did to mine. I replaced the rear pans in my 64 Valiant, Vixen. It starts about here and goes on for a few pages. I know it's an early A and not a later one, but they are very similar in floor structure.

Make it easy on yourself. Pop the floor pan out and replace it with a stock reproduction or OEM take out. Far less effort unless you are trying to shed weight...and if you were doing that you might as well clip the thing and go with a strut front end. And then you might as well do the 4 link too. Post race results in 2027 lol

Or....replace floor with stock junk and let us know the results in May or June

: D

Ps I have a 68 Dart with a good floor however I think the plymouth and dodge might be different due to wheelbase?
I have a 70 dart. I wouldn't mind having a 68 dart lol.
I'm going to build a floor, it will be far less expensive compared to stock floor and the shipping.

-
Back